Twitch TV Activate
There have been certain changes to Twitch on Roku. The official TwitchTV channel is discontinued with the release of two other channels namely Twitched and Twitched Zero. The activate twitch code still works at twitch.tv/activate but the channel formats have been slightly modified.
Twitched and Twitched Zero
- Watch all the live video streams available on the Twitch platform through the Twitched app.
- There are several genres that you can browse through such as Communities, Creative and Games. 50 popular streams are available on the channel’s HOME screen.
- Stream loads are prompt and FOLLOWED streams will be available when you link the Twitched channel to your Twitch TV activate account. For this do as follows:
- HOME SCREEN MENU -> SETTINGS -> LOG IN -> follow instructions here for linking.
- The SEARCH component helps you locate certain streams
Casting with Twitched
- Cast Twitched on to the Roku channel from an Android Twitch app available on the channel’s website.
- Browser casting from Firefox, Opera and Chrome can also be accomplished
- The Twitched Extension button will help you cast all your streams on to the Roku.
- More features are yet to be included as the developer promises chat, managing followed channels and accessing video on demand from the Roku channel itself.
Difference between Twitched Zero and Twitched
The basic difference between Twitched and Twitched Zero is that Twitched costs around $1 while Twitched Zero is free and comes with commercials. Developed by Frozen Iron Software, from Twitched Zero you can also sign in to your Twitched account. The Twitched channel has received some great ratings even for its one-time purchase fee of just $0.99. Stream all your games on these two channels in the absence of Twitch activate.
Installing Twitched and Twitched Zero on Roku
- Installation is as simple as it gets with the Roku
- Look for the app in the CHANNEL STORE and download it
- Launch the app, execute the setup guidance it appears and complete the payment procedure.
Once you have downloaded and launched it, you will find that the interface is pretty simple and clear.
- On the Roku, you will find a menu list starting from GAMES, CREATIVE, COMMUNITIES, FOLLOWED, SEARCH, SETTINGS and finally, POPULAR.
- Directly start following your preferred games the moment you click on any of them
- Since there are no on-screen controls, the video or live stream opens automatically
- Following your preferred channel or gaming zone is easy as well
- When the video or stream opens, it provides you with options to FOLLOW
- If you don’t want to follow a particular item, you can go to the next one
Signing into TWITCH – Twitch.tv/activate
- If you want to watch only your favorite streamers, then just log in to the Twitch account from SETTINGS and then by clicking on SIGN IN
- At the LINK YOUR TWICH ACCOUNT screen you will receive a Twitch activation code
- Enter this at twitch.tv/activate to link it
- A confirmation message is visualized on your Roku thereafter