Roku is one of the easiest devices to setup a wireless connection with(Roku Setup with Wireless Router), and it does not take more than a few minutes to get the connection up and running. Especially with a Roku remote or a Roku mobile application, you can complete the Roku wireless setup.
Here are Some Tips For Roku Setup with Wireless Router
- First thing, connect the Roku device to your TV. If you have a Roku TV, you can straight away jump into the Roku Setup with Wireless Router(Go.Roku.com/wireless).
- Connect your Roku device to your TV using an HDMI cable. Please note that this isn’t required for a Roku stick and it is enough that you simply plug into your TV’s HDMI port.
- Go to the TV settings.
- Change the Input to the HDMI port.
- Once you complete, exit the TV settings screen.
- You should now see the Roku home screen.
- Now, click on the Settings menu.
- In the Settings menu, select the NetWork option.
- Since we’re learning how to set up a Roku device with a Wireless router, we will select the Wireless (WiFi) options. Please note that if you are wanting to connect your Roku device to a wired connection, the options will differ. Also, another thing to note is that, Roku streaming sticks can’t be connected to wired internet. So, WiFi is the only option.
- When you hit the WiFi option, the Roku device scans for all the available networks in the range and throws the names on your TV screen.
- Choose the WiFi you want the Roku to be connected to.
- If the WiFi is password protected (highly recommended), please enter the password using the Roku remote or the mobile app.
Once you get the code, Roku will ask you if this is your home network or a public network. If it is your home network, Roku will remember to connect to this network every time you switch it on. It’s a fairly simply instruction for Roku.
Here are some simple steps on How to Connect Roku to WiFi Without Remote.
Connecting Roku to a Wireless Network – Roku Wireless Setup
But if you are attempting to connect to the hotel or dorms WiFi during your travel, then it’s wise to choose the Public connection option, then Roku uses the network only for streaming, and avoids interacting with the username and password.
While you are traveling and need to setup your Roku device with a Wireless router, you can follow the same steps, but when prompted please go ahead select the public network option for Roku wireless setup.
Before you do this, make sure that the network is a trustworthy and stable one, and please connect to the right network. Since all the WiFi routers near the Roku device are visible, it’s important to make sure that you use the right network to complete the Roku wireless setup process. Also, if you are planning to use the Roku mobile application, it is important that both the Roku.com/link device and the mobile are connected to the same network to be able to use the mobile as a Roku remote.
All this being said, connecting Roku to wireless internet is a pretty easy process, and wouldn’t take more than a few minutes. So go ahead and give it a try. If you run into any issues with Roku Setup with Wireless Router, please let us know via our toll-free number +1-877-230-9420