Roku Com Link
Setting Up The Enhanced Remote For Your Roku Using Roku Com Link
Setup Your Roku Device Using Roku com link
To seamlessly control your Roku and your TV, both Infrared and wireless technologies are used by certain Enhanced remotes from Roku com link. For select TV brands and models, you will be able to control most basic functions such as the volume and power with an Enhanced remote. However, the functions of this remote are limited to your Roku and the connected TV and cannot be extended to other devices that are currently connected to your TV.
Do you know what is HDMI CEC and how to use this technology to control TV-connected audio devices such as an AVR or sound bar? It is a new technological development that allows Roku-connectedTV sets to connect and control the AVR or sound bar using an Enhanced remote. Just remember, that all connected devices must support HDMI CEC and to know if your device does, have a look at its user manual.
Things to note before setting up an Enhanced Remote
Before you setup the Roku com link Enhanced remote for any supported Roku com link device, make a note of the following.
- Always begin with the initial setup and Roku activation process
- During this process, you can set up the remote only for basic TV functions
- This includes volume and power settings
- However, later on, you can manage the same settings for different functions
- For which, you must access the SETTINGS menu first
- Then, choose the Setup TV remote for TV control option under the REMOTE menu
- The brand of your TV is automatically recognized during the Roku.com/link setup process.
- Simultaneously, your remote will be programmed accordingly
- You can also interrupt this process and do it manually
- Always, connect the Roku com link player directly to your TV
- Do not use any other hubs or connectors during the initial setup
- And after completing it, you can connect the Roku to any other external device
If these things are clear, then you will be able to complete the remote setup in no time and begin to use your Roku com link player.
Initial setup and activation – Roku Enhanced remote guidelines
Before you begin the remote settings, just make sure you complete the initial setup for your Roku using Roku com link activation process which involves display, date, language and location settings. And then, make sure you follow the below steps without missing out on any.
- Set the TV volume to an audible limit
- If everything goes well, you will see a purple screen
- On this, you will see a menu, CONTROL YOUR TV
- Under which, you must select CHECK REMOTE SETTINGS
- A sample audio clip will be played
- Make sure you hear it and also select the corresponding affirmation on your TV
- If not, simply increase the volume
- This time you can use your TV’s remote
- Based on the TV model, the volume will be muted in the next step
- If you are unable to hear anything, on your TV, make the appropriate selection
- And in case you still hear the music, you must enter your TV’s brand manually
- Once the correct brand has been selected, the remote will establish a connection with the TV
- And once again, you will hear music after which the muting process is repeated
Now, you can be sure that this initial pairing process of your Roku com link Enhanced remote was successful.
Setting up the remote for other TV functions
When you have an Enhanced remote, there is no necessity to hold a second remote in your hand for your TV. You can program the same for most TV functions using the below-mentioned steps;
- Turn on the TV, Roku and keep the remote ready
- Now, select the HOME button
- This will take you to the SETTINGS menu
- Choose the Set up remote for TV control option
- You will find it under the REMOTE menu
- If you want this Roku account setup process to happen automatically, then select START
- Otherwise, manually set it up for each function
- This way, you must follow all the prompts that appear on your TV screen
To troubleshoot this entire process, you can seek assistance on our website Go Roku Express Plus or at our toll-free assistance at +1-844-318-4357. Our support team will help you in pairing your Enhanced remote with any supported Roku com link player.