Netflix is so popular, that Roku decided to add it to one of its most-watched channels lists. Netflix provides users with exclusive series that they can watch only on Netflix. But, it doesn’t stop there. Netflix also provides episodes of other regular soaps and movies that the user can stream any time they want.
This makes Netflix a very compelling alternative to traditional TV. But because Netflix as a service can only be availed if you’re connected to the internet, it becomes a bit difficult to stay connected all the time. Sometimes, due to bad internet, Roku even throws a Netflix error code NW-2-5.
Check the internet connection to get rid of Netflix error code NW-2-5
- One of the main issues is the ISP letting you stream. If you’re connecting to a dorm network, or a school network, it is highly possible that they are not very keen about allowing the users to access Netflix. So, please clarify if your Internet Service Providers allows you to stream Netflix.
- Please make sure if the Roku device is connected to the internet. One of the most common reasons for Roku to throw a Netflix error code NW-2-5 is the internet connection.
- If you are connected to the internet, but still are bogged down by the error, please consider restarting the Roku device. Switch it off, and switch it on after fifteen seconds, and give it enough time to establish an internet connection before you launch Netflix.
- Still, the issue remains? You can try to restart your internet. Unplug Roku from power, and from the internet modem. Now that the Roku is disconnected, please remove the modem from power and let it be.
- If you have a hub or junction to connect your Roku with your internet modem, please remove them and connect Roku to the internet directly, if in case the connection is wired.
- If the connection is wireless, please increase the signal strength of your WiFi. Reduce the gap between the WFi modem and your Roku device. Remove obstacles that might potentially hinder the signal.
All of these are immediate fixes aimed at troubleshooting Netflix error code NW-2-5. The error is basically a network connectivity and video playback error. So, if you come across the error, the first thing to fix is the internet.
If you’ve tried all the fixes, but still have the issue, please let us know. We’ll take a closer look and help you fix the issue. Our toll-free number is +1-877-230-9420, and we’re open 24*7 to help you! Happy streaming.