Enjoy Kodi on Roku
Well, Roku itself is to improve your entertainment experience. It gives you channels and content that you can stream from. It gives music that you can listen to and movies that you can rent or buy and watch it any time you want.
Kodi is an open source home theatre application developed to make your experience with the TV a better one too. They provide wallpapers, storage space for your movies and music, photos and albums and they themselves provide a few titles and songs to stream and choose from.
All this makes Kodi a bit more special. But does this mean I should install Kodi on Roku? Well, if you aren’t convinced yet, here’s another piece of information that we’d like to reiterate. Kodi is an open source software. Meaning, everyone can have access to this piece of software.
It also means that anyone who has an idea of how this software can be updated, they can release it as an add-on that people can make use of, either for free or priced. But Kodi in itself is free.
Steps to Install Kodi on Roku
- Short answer, no. Roku does not provide options to download and install Kodi on Roku in their channel store and they don’t have any integrations with Kodi for the moment.
- But here’s the thing. As said earlier, there are a lot of people working on making Kodi available on Roku.
- The people in the Kodi community have come up with a few workarounds that might be helpful to stream from your Kodi account, in your Roku connected TV.
Prerequisites to install Kodi on Roku
- You’ll need a device that’s connected to the internet and you have your Roku account logged in the device.
- Need another device with internet connection and your Kodi account logged in!
- Now, it’s a pretty simple process to install Kodi on Roku, but all you have to do is to simply share the screen between the two devices so that you can see what’s streaming from your Kodi account on the device your Roku is connected to!
This is a pretty simple workaround. But there are more such workaround, and a few them are very intuitive but are complex at the same time.
To know more about how to install Kodi on Roku, please call us via our toll-free number +1-805-273-0200 and we’ll help you with it.