It is true that Roku lets you record programs and shows for you to watch later, but it doesn’t mean that Roku doesn’t let you stream live TV. Live TV is an integral part of Roku, and it offers a lot of channels that you can watch and stream live tv, without a cable!
Yes, you can completely cut the cord and go wireless, still manage to watch live TV and learn how to download and activate them. If you know these, then watching live TV will not take you more than a couple of minutes!
So, here’s the list of channels that offer live TV to help you understand how to watch live TV on Roku.
Channels that offer live TV streaming on Roku
- Sling TV
- DIRECTV NOW
- PlayStation Vue
- Hulu with Live TV
- YouTube TV
- The Roku Channel
- Haystack TV
- FOX Sports
- NBC Sports
- WWE Network
- NFL Sunday Ticket
- Pluto TV
- HBO NOW
These are the top 20 channels, from various genres to let you watch live TV on Roku! Hence, to answer the question of how to watch live TV on Roku, you must answer how to install one of these channels! Because once you do, you will be able to watch live TV through these channels.
You might notice that the channels are of various genres, appealing to various people. That’s because Roku provides a good mix of channels. A lot of these channels are a bit free as well, so that’s an added advantage!
How to install channels with live TV on Roku?
- Choose any channel to install in your Roku account.
- Once you started downloading the channel, you need to enter the channel’s name in the Roku search.
- From the search results, choose the right channel to download.
- After the selection, click on the menu near the channel name and click on the download.
- After you download the channel application from the Roku channel store, please install the channel.
- Go ahead and open the channel.
- You will see Roku activation code after you open the channel.
- Note the channel activation code and open Roku.com/link in a separate browser.
- In the space to enter the activation code, enter the code that you’d written down.
After you do this, you will be able to stream the channel live. Here are a few FAQs people ask along with how to watch live TV on Roku?
Additional steps to watch Roku Live TV
- There might be one or two additional steps, depending on the channel you download.
- The first possibility is that, you are downloading a paid channel, and it requests confirmation of payment.
- The next possibility is that, you channel might need you to sign up or login to your channel specific account.
- Like, HBO Now and a few other channels. You can always create a new account if you don’t already have a channel account.
- Once you create and login to these channel specific channels, you can activate them by mentioning your service provider.
All these don’t take much time, and this is a pretty simple process on the whole. If you have any questions on how to watch live TV on Roku, please let us know and we’ll help you. Our toll-free number is +1-805-273-0200, and we’re open 24*7!