Well, to answer the question one must first understand what’s really the difference between HBO Go and HBO Now.
HBO Now is more or like a Netflix account. You can stream it from any device, online. All you have to do is to simply open an HBO Now account, and start streaming. You will be charged 15$ for every month, and every movie and series HBO has can be streamed from this HBO Now offer.
HBO Go, on the other hand, is a free subscription to the same content that you get for 15$ from HBO Now. What?! Yes. Then, what’s the catch? Well, you cannot watch it like you stream HBO Now. You’ll have to have access to a cable connection and have HBO Go activate as a part of your cable offerings.
How do I get HBO Go activate on Roku?
If you own a Roku device and is synced with Roku account, then it pointless for you to go for a 15$ a month standalone HBO service. There are a lot of other plans that include HBO and a few other channels as well, and they wouldn’t cost as much.
All you have to do to get HBO Go activate in your Roku device is to download, install and activate the HBO Go application from Roku channel store.
For this, you’d need three things in order.
- You Roku device, setup and ready with your Roku account logged in.
- Your HBO Go account and login credentials.
- A decent internet connection.
If any of this is not completed, please do it before attempted in to install the channel.
Roku and HBO Go Activate Accounts
Before you go on with your HBO Go activation with hbogo.com/activate, you’d obviously need a Roku and an HBO account. If you have both, you can skip right ahead, but if you don’t, here’s how you do it. Head on to Roku’s sign up page, and choose to create an account.
Once prompted, go ahead and furnish the basic details like your name and contact to get started with the account creation. After you are done with the basic details, you can go ahead and furnish Roku with your payment details. Mind that whenever you make a purchase, even when you try and activate HBO Go, the amount for the purchase will be deducted from this payment method.
The next thing to do is to open an HBO Go account. The process is more or less a similar one. But, the card information you provide here will not be charged, hence the charges will be deducted directly from Roku. This account is what you have to open in a separate browser later during the time of installation.
Steps to Activate HBO Go:
- Go to your Roku home screen on your TV.
- If you are not logged in, please go ahead and login.
- Go to the Roku channel store and enter the keyword to search for in the Roku search bar.
- To download HBO Go, you can search for the channel name, or even a popular show from HBO, namely GOT.
- After the search result appears, click on the channel to highlight it.
- Now, download and install the channel in your Roku account.
- Once installed, you can find the channel in your channel list, and open it.
- When you open the channel, on the first activation, the channel will throw an activation code, and you will have to enter it to the HBO Go activate webpage.
Once the HBO Go activate is done, you will have to login to your HBO Go account from your TV, and also provide the service provider you are going to avail HBO Go from on HBO Go’s webpage.
Finally, the HBO Go activate process is complete. You can now go ahead and stream all your favorite movies and series from HBO GO. If you have any doubts on how to activate HBO Go, visit our hub Roku.com/link or please call us via our toll-free number +1-805-273-0200