Error Code 003 in Roku Express Plus
The Roku Express Plus is a beginner’s best choice for a Roku device. Priced at just around $40, it is a gateway to a whole new world of entertainment with multiple live and on-demand streaming options. Besides, this is one of those few products which is still compatible with your older television sets; supports composite cables and HDMI cable.
In this article, we will talk about the setup, activation and error code 003 in Roku Express Plus. This is a very sleek device, not as sleek as the Streaming Stick, and can fit into any small space. With all these features, it is the best buy for a beginner since it is not as expensive as its sister products.
The initial setup is similar to most other Roku devices wherein you must choose appropriate selections for the following;
- Type of network connection
- Name of the network
- Corresponding password
Once you setup a connection with the network, everything else happens automatically.
- Firstly, the device connects to the server
- It retrieves a code for your device
- The code is displayed on your screen
The error code 003 in Roku Express Plus may occur when one of the above-mentioned processes do not happen successfully.
The code thus displayed is actually your activation link code and the most precious code for your Roku. Because, when you do not make proper use of the same, you cannot activate the streaming device.
- Create or use an existing Roku account
- Go to the link a device menu
- Now, enter the link code
- It is case sensitive
- And also expires within a few mins
- Use it as quickly as possible
- Submit it and wait for activation to complete
- When complete, the home screen will appear
- This will happen automatically
003 error code – why it occurs and what you must do
Like we mentioned earlier, this is a common error message in most Roku devices whenever it is unable to directly connect with the server. Causes for the error code 003 in Roku Express Plus can be attributed to;
- Poor internet connection
- Roku server issue
- Defective router
- Poor wireless signal
- Check for the network connection
- It must be connected to the correct network
- Password must be perfect
- Also, check the mobile device or PCs internet settings
- This may sometimes be the cause for Roku activation issues
- And then, check the router settings
- Especially the firewall settings
- If all this is fine, then check the signal strength
- In case it is low, then change the location of the router or of the Roku
- A restart or system update would sometimes help
- Wait for a few minutes
- Or finally, contact ISP for persistent issues
If you have been trying to connect to a wireless network and did not find success, then we suggest that you try an Ethernet connection. This is not only easy to troubleshoot but also a trustable method. If all else fails, then contact us right away at our toll-free number +1-805-273-0200 or visit Roku com link to troubleshoot the Roku error code 003.