Simple Steps To Activate PBS App on Roku
If you are looking to activate the PBS App on Roku just go to the CHANNEL STORE to find it. The PBS video app offers a range of shows, videos and other entertainment genres to its viewers. When you click on BY GENRE you will be taken to videos that are arranged by ARTS AND MUSIC, CULTURE, DRAMA, FOOD, HISTORY and much more. Besides the main app and its contents, the channel also offers PBS KIDS a channel dedicated to children’s content and the PBS LEARNING MEDIA that is a portal especially meant for teachers and students.
You can also localize your content by choosing your local station. Click on CHOOSE YOUR STATION and enter your zip code and click on SEARCH BY ZIP CODE. If you are unsure, select the STATE and click on SEARCH BY STATE. A list of stations will appear from which you can choose yours. Select your choice and click on CONFIRM STATION. Once you confirm your station name, a WHAT’S ON NOW section appears that provides viewers with a list of programming that is unique only to the station. Click on the FULL SCHEDULE option to see the current list of shows.
PBS App on Roku
On the Roku, you just have to look for the PBS App icon and select it to add the channel. The channel activation steps are as follows. Included here, are also guidelines to create a pbskids.org/activate Roku account.
- On the Roku screen, go to the HOME option and click on it to look for the PBS app on Roku.
- A seven-digit activation code displays to activate PBS channel
- Each activation code is unique and cannot be duplicated
- Activation and PBS Sign In may not be executed from the player’s screen
Channel app activation
- Use a Firefox, Safari or Chrome browser on your PC or MAC and type pbs.org/activate to find the field where you have to enter the seven-digit code
- In the empty field enter this code and click on CONTINUE
- You will be directed to a web page which will allow you to sign in to the PBS App either through the PBS Account, Google Account or Facebook Account.
- Use your Google Login and Password or your Facebook Account credentials to sign in through the respective portals
- To create a PBS account you have to go to pbs.org and look for the SIGN IN button
- Click on it and a pop-up will appear
- One of the options will indicate Don’t have a PBS Account? CREATE ONE NOW.
- When you click on CREATE ONE NOW, you will get a typical form that will ask you for your FIRST NAME, LAST NAME, EMAIL, RE-ENTER EMAIL, and PASSWORD
- After entering all the details in these fields click on the I’M NOT A ROBOT checkbox.
- Thereafter, click on REGISTER to complete the account registration
- Once you have signed in, click on any tile to see its programming details and if you like it a lot, just add to the watchlist